Wordle Spoiler Alert!!
Just like crossword, spelling Bee, Wordle has come up as new pandemic games and it’s taking the internet by storm. You will see people posting their wordle scores on social media platforms. As per wiki, it is a web-based word game developed by Welsh-born software engineer Josh Wardle. Players have six attempts to guess a five-letter word; feedback is given for each guess, in the form of colored tiles, indicating when letters match or occupy the correct position. Every day you get a new word and yes, you can keep on guessing. Give it a try here → https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/. The New York Times announced it had paid “in seven figures” to acquire the game.
This game became so popular that even google came up with its doodle. Check this one below :)
Now let’s talk about the spoiler for which you came here! Wordle Spoiler!! Yes, if you understand how this game works, you can fetch the entire list of words that are coming ahead in the daily wordle game. You don’t need to wait for 24 hours. This spoils the real task, the real game but yes internet has an answer to everything. Follow the below steps, if you want to spoil the fun :P
- Open any browser(mine is firefox) and direct to https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/
- Right click on the web page and go to inspect element
3. Once you click it, you will see plenty of dev tools, which are used to inspect HTML CSS JS and other assets related to the website. We are concerned only with Debugger, so click on it
4. After that you will see a folder structure on the left panel. Expand the folder wordle and there you get the js file named main.e65ce0a5.js. Click on the file.
5. It opens the required js file. Next step is to click ctrl+F to search any key in the file. The key will be any wordle game word you remember. Example — “aloft”.
Now if you scroll down the entire list, you can get the words of each day, ahead of the time :P
Want to know how to play wordle without internet?? Wait for the next story. Till then keep wordliiinnngg!!
Follow me on medium and LinkedIn(linkedin.com/in/shiwani-sinha-28b842171), to get more interview preparation materials and insights.